Thursday, April 30, 2009

Irish Eggplant Parmesan

Yes, that is correct. I say this because I made some changes to the recipe and was told by the "Sicilian" it wasn't "traditional," but still good (smart man). Basically, I thought the eggplant was yummy just off the cookie sheets AND I was hungry THEN, AND I can't cook for hours on end with the little man running amok...hence, I bring you Irish Eggplant Parmesan - the healthier (because that's what the Irish are known for??), easier, and faster way to enjoy eggplant parm that won't leave you smelling like a Fry Daddy (thank you, Martha Stewart for you assistance)


My alterations......
I made my own sauce.
I made my own bread crumbs out of multi-grain bread - you really can't tell the difference. Worth it - I'm really trying to avoid white food!
At the end of step 2, instead of switching to 400 degrees, I put a slice of fresh mozzarella on every round and turned on the broiler for 5 minutes.
I completely ditched step 3 (the part that makes it "traditional") and put some whole wheat pasta on a plate with sauce, tossed 3-4 eggplant rounds on the pasta and shredded some parmesan on top. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment