Saturday, April 11, 2009

Passover Seder

No, we aren't Jewish.  As Adam told one of his patients, we're just pretending we are this week.  Holidays, whether I celebrate them or not, always give me an excuse to try new recipes.  This week I made matzo ball soup and macaroons.  Here are the recipes I referenced.  
I didn't make my own broth, and used vegetable oil instead of schmaltz.  I also put chopped dill and parsley in by matzo balls.  Definitely use seltzer for the balls - it makes them lighter for sure.
I over toasted (by a lot) my first batch of coconut, so I had to improvise a bit and add more almond.  It was still good - a bit too meringue-y.  The problem was the batch of coconut I forgot about and burnt was long shred and all I had left was short, so I didn't get the yummy and pretty coconut look.  I also didn't get around to dipping them in chocolate, or taking pictures before we started eating them (the whole reason I picked the recipe)!  Oh well.  I'd make them again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment