Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mother Shock

I'm almost done the book.  It is entertaining.  I think it would have been more of a "oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels this way!" read if I had read it when Charlie was 4-6 months old.  One good thing I took away from it is reassurance that I can be too hard on myself and that there is no perfect way to be a mom.  Also, it has helped me realize that I know my child better than anyone else, so I need to trust myself and my instincts more.  I know what I'm doing!  I liked the author's reluctance to be called a mom the moment her child was born.  She said it made her feel out of place - why should she get the rank "mom" immediately when moms who have been mothering for years get the same status.  I felt the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment